Thursday, July 30, 2015

I did it!


I beat my sister. Last year my older sister ran the Deseret new half marathon. It wasn't her best time. She had been training and training. I think the heat got to her because all I heard this year was how much better the weather was. Well her time was 2:00:15. The plan was to beat her. Well my training was delayed because back in June I cracked my ribs wake boarding and running was not going to happen. But me being my prideful self and told people I was running. I signed up. My plan was still to beat my sisters time. I ran mostly 4 miles every day. Three days before I decided to run 7 miles. I did it but very very slow. The morning of the race came. My nerves were at an all time high, regretting this decision to run but I had no other way to get home. So when it was time to go I started.... After everyone else had already left. 
I turned my music on, stuffed my gum and my mouth and started my garmin and I just went for it. For the whole 7 miles in the canyon I was sticking around just under an 8 min mile. As I got out of the canyon I started getting a little slower.as I was running I was thinking to myself. One this weather couldn't be more perfect and second this is going by pretty fast. Finally I made my last turn to the finish line. I was struggling but I finally finished. 

1:49:26
With no training and perfect weather  I beat my sister! Woot woot. Because this race went so well. I now am training for a full. I nice jump start to training. I thinking big cottonwood marathon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment