Monday, July 6, 2015

wasatch back 2015

once again i decided to do ragnar. I told myself that i wasn't going to do it this year until like three weeks prior to the race. i got on Facebook and found a team. i ran with complete strangers who were awesome. little did i know that they knew my little brother. yes three of the girls were 7 years younger than me. But the other two were parents. so pretty much we could have been a family in our van. This year i wanted to be runner five. the fifth runner has avon pass as there first leg and i have always wanted to do that leg. i have done ragnar hill is was time to do "what the hill?" my goal was to not walk up it. seven plays miles that was uphill. it was hard and dusty but i did it without walking. i was quite proud of myself. the next run was pretty hard, it was another trail run and i am not a trail runner. my third leg was nice, it was short yet hot. I was pretty stoked to be done. When you run ragnar your first run is fun, then you second leg is kinda fun, then prior to your third leg you tired and your stomach hurts. you tell yourself never again, I'm not doing another ragnar. Then you finish, its fun. you catch up on your sleep and come March the following year, you forget the pain and tiredness and you end up joining a team and then you remember why you didn't want to do it again, but its to late. but this year i had fun. i have been pretty lucky with joining teams of people that i don't know. they make the whole thing a party. which ragnar is a big party.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment